top of page
Asset 4_5x.png


Why do I need a Queensland Blue Card?

The State of Queensland does not recognise interstate working with children checks if you are working in Queensland in regulated child-related employment for more than 7 days in a calendar year. Therefore, you will need a blue card to attend AJ2025.


However, you can’t work in restricted employment if you are a restricted person under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000.


A Restricted person – is a person who either:

  • has been issued a negative notice

  • has a suspended blue card

  • is a disqualified person

  • has been charged with a disqualifying offence that has not been finalised, or

  • is the subject of an adverse interstate Working with Children Check decision that is in effect.

- How to apply?

Blue Card Graphic V2.png

Apply for your Queensland Government Customer Reference Number

The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) are used to verify a person’s identity so a photo can appear on the blue card.
This can be done by completing the remote pack which is if a person lives interstate or overseas.
The TMR issued customer number is only valid for six months from time of issue and will expire if not used for any purpose.

Complete Remote pack


Post paperwork

You will need to post your form, documents, and photos to:
The Manager
Department of Transport and Main Roads Dalby Customer Service Centre
PO Box 767
Dalby QLD Australia 4405
Watch the blue card services videos to learn more about applying for a CRN using a remote pack for a blue card application if you’re from interstateoverseas.

What happens next at TMR?

  • This process could take up to 8 weeks.
  • TMR will process your application / photo.
  • Once you have been issued with a CRN, TMR will send you a confirmation email.
  • Once you have received your confirmation email, you can register for a Blue Card account.

We recommend exploring our resources first, but if you are having dificulty with your application,

please contact for assistance.

bottom of page